How do you install fonts on your Mac
How do you install fonts on your Mac Fonts can be installed in several folders in OS X, but we recommend that you do the following:
- Close any open applications. Newly installed fonts may not appear in your menu if you ignore this step.
- Drag and drop the unzipped fonts into the Fonts folder in your user’s Library folder found here: /Users/Your_Username_Here/Library/Fonts.
- Note: As of OS Lion, the library folder is hidden from users unless you hold down the Alt/Option key while clicking on the “Go” menu in Finder.
- Double click the font file and fontbook will open a preview of the font.
- Click “install font” at the bottom of the preview.